Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Update 10/22/14

I hope you all had a great, long weekend with the kiddos. They all seemed well rested and ready to tackle the end of Quarter 1! Picture Day went smoothly and I can't wait to see the photos come back!

I updated the important date section of the blog, so you'll want to check those out. I'll be volunteering at the cake walk for the Pumpkin Patch Party! I hope to see you all there. 

Here is the homework for this week. Missing addend is a hard concept for most math brains. It involves using a given part and whole of a number sentence and solving to find the missing part. For example, 4+__= 6. We know it is 2, but how? Because we counting the difference between 6 and 4, or 4 and 6. That is how I teach students to solve these equations. 


Also, this week, we are working on our "can, have, are," writing project. Next week we start assessments. Part of Quarter 1 assessing is an expository piece of writing. We've been working on brainstorming and telling and audience about a particular topic. This week, we practiced with pumpkin writing. Here is our brainstorm!


No comments:

Post a Comment