Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Writing Celebration: Pre-Meeting

I've had such an amazing RSVP for our writing celebration! Thank you and I look forward to seeing you work with the kiddos. That being said, 28 is a crowd, so here is some crowd management ; P

1. Check in with Mrs. Zimmerman at the front.
2. Please wait until 12:30 to enter the classroom, as I will need to transition from read aloud to celebration expectations.
3. I will group kiddos so that they are with their parents, but also 2 or 3 other students. 
4. Students will take turns reading their stories. We will practice on Thursday, but they may still need a little help. I will be walking around the room to monitor and help some of those kiddos.
5. During listening, the other students must have eyes and ears on the student reading, to show respect (making someone else feel important). After the student has shared, the listening students will give 1 compliment. "I like your words" and "I like your drawings" is what I call the "kindergarten" compliment. We are first graders so we say things like, "I enjoyed the beginning of the story about..." or "I liked how you used exciting words like...!"
6. When all the kiddos are done sharing in your group, we will head back to our seats and write in our journals until the whole group is done. Then we will have our celebration treat, clean up, and off to P.E. (I'll be needing to grade spelling tests at this time, so as much as I love to chat with parents, I'm going to have to scoot ya'll out of the room ; ) 

Thank you for your support and I can't wait to see you on Friday! Again, if anyone else would like to join us, please RSVP so I can make group arrangements. 

-Mrs. Dimock

No comments:

Post a Comment