Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Moving Right Along...

Welcome back! This week will be full of learning and discovering. I've noticed the kids really stepping up their writing and reading game in the last few weeks. I can't wait to see their progress this month before report cards. Quick reminder-the Read-A-Thon will be starting soon. I sent home a flyer on Wednesday, but expect more info and packets coming home in the next week or so. This is a big deal for our school, especially the library. Any participation is welcomed and the kids enjoy the competition between the other classes. I will allow students to skip morning walk on Friday to come into the classroom from 8:10 to get minutes on their reading logs!

Also, I've noticed quite a few lunch slips needing money in accounts.  Miss Chris, our lunch helper, is a super nice lady that is in charge of our school program. You can call her with any questions/concerns. If there is anything I can do, please let me know!

Reading Comp: We will focus on story retell, matching pictures to the text, and speech bubbles. I have a few comic book lovers that will really enjoy these lessons!

Reading: We are in Unit 4 Week 4 of our reading series. This week, we will continue to discuss conservation and protecting the Earth in all of our reading groups.

Spelling: like, side, bite, nice, five, nine, kind, child, I'm, sometimes
You can have five bites.
HFW: watched, high

Math: Two digit addition and subtraction, focusing on multiples of 10

I'm looking forward to a productive week!
Mrs. Dimock



No comments:

Post a Comment