Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2016

FYI 3/13/16

What a beautiful weekend!? I can't wait to get started on our Quarter 3 assessments this week. I know the kids are growing like weeds mentally and physically!

We'll start the week with reading level checks and a few math "show what you know" assessments. The kiddos will get a chance to demonstrate their opinion, informative, and narrative writing skills. With that being said, make sure they are getting plenty of rest and have a good breakfast to start the day. I swear they've all grown an inch or more in just the last quarter!

The spelling will be a little different this week. It is part of the first grade curriculum to know the first 1-25 sight words of the list. Practice using these words this week and maybe even make flashcards so they'll remember them quickly. It really helps with reading levels!

the, of, and, a, to, in, is, you, that, it, he, for, was, on, are, as, with, his, they, at, be, this, from, I, have

No sentence!

Also, make sure that if you'd like a spring conference to call, text, or email me to set up a time. If I don't hear from you by the 15th, I'll be writing a comment instead. Thanks!

Wishing you well,
Mrs. Dimock

No comments:

Post a Comment