Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Here We Go!

Hello, parents! We had such a blast at Fun Friday last week. The kiddos loved frosting cookies and playing with centers. The Bootcamp kids did great at practicing their first grade behavior expectations. If you have any questions about report cards, give me a call or send an email.

Just as an F.Y.I., I will not be at school Wednesday through Friday. My husband's company has the opportunity to present a project a conference in New Orleans, which means us wives get to go have some fun!! I can't wait to get back and tell the kiddos how much fun we had. I will sure miss them, but they will be in good hands and I know they'll do great.

This week will be answering the question, "How is life different that long ago?" We will read texts, stories, and learn some new vocabulary to build ourselves up to answer the question. Some spelling words to practice are o__e and u__e words and some high frequency words to know by heart are "ago, boy, girl, how, old, people."

In math, we will continue working with 10 more 10 less, 1 more 1 less. Are you sick of our 100's chart shuffle song yet?!? 

In writing, we are still working on Personal Narratives. The students did a great job last week of taking what they brainstormed on a graphic organizer and transferring the story onto lined paper. Huge step for our little writers!!

As always, thank you for allowing me to work with your children. They are such blessings and I am honored to be their teacher.

Wishing you well,
Mrs. Dimock

No comments:

Post a Comment