Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Reflections and Gearing Up for Our First Full Week!

Wow! As I'm typing this my eyes are heavy, my body is tired, and I am ready to take a break! We had such an eventful, fun, wonderful first two days. I am so blessed with this class, as I have many siblings and familiar faces. Thank you to the parents who sent back the parent surveys and the update sheets. We had some papers go home Friday. Remember, I don't do paper newsletters, but I keep you up to date via the blog.

Next week, we are starting Daily 5 with our first lesson of reading stamina and Read-to-Self. Our goal for 1st grade is to read for 17 minutes without breaking stamina. With this class, I think we should be there in no time! While we work on stamina, we will also have our first poem and mini-lessons starting with reading strategies and why and what readers read. I know they are excited about reading!

In math, we'll start with number recognition and counting to 20. Also, we'll play some games for extra practice before we jump into adding strategies!

We'll start whiteboard spelling along with handwriting practice for extra skill building. Our new curriculum, Wonders, will stay right along with us as we begin discussing concepts of print and our two new sight words, I and like.

Also, we'll continue with classroom procedures and routines as well as building our school family.
If you have any questions about this coming week, please call or email! Thanks!

P.S. Boys and Girls Club starts tomorrow! We'll have our walking crew over to Medicine Crow at dismissal. Reminder: If your child is a B&GC regular, please call the office to notify if they will NOT be going on a particular day. Thanks!

Mrs. Dimock





No comments:

Post a Comment