Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Welcome to Mrs. Dimock's 1st Grade Class!

Wow! Summer really flew by, but I am excited to get back to my new group of firsties. In the next few weeks, expect letters home, dates and times for supply night, and an exciting transition to first grade. If my kiddos don't leave on the first day dying to come back to school the next day, I didn't do my job. 

Just an update on my summer.

My husband I and I enjoyed spending our 4th anniversary by selling our first home together and signing the papers for new construction! We are out of the house now and will be moving in the beginning of December. Merry Christmas to us! In the meantime, we've enjoyed a quiet summer of nightly walks with our dog, Sheldon, day trips to everywhere and anywhere, and long mornings of tea and relaxation. 

In July, my teaching partners Mrs. Vegara, Mrs. Martin, and myself went to the Safe and Civil Schools conference in Portland. We learned some great tips and tricks for dealing with "tough" kids in our school and classrooms. I can't wait to get started on some of the strategies and tools to use with all of my students.

If you happen to be browsing through the blogs to get a head start (yes, you, type-A parent ; ) then look no further! All I ask is that you've completed the supply list, signed up for Bloomz, and have your child ready for the first day! I can't wait to see all of those smiling faces at Meet and Greet!

Love, 
Mrs. Dimock

P.S. Here is the code to sign up for Bloomz!



No comments:

Post a Comment